Thursday, April 9, 2015

Burn Out



This life. It can be so busy. There's so much to do. Work, school, church, reading, gaming, sports, whatever your interests are. We all have things that we are passionate about. It is passion that drives us from one day to another, keeps us moving forward. What are you putting your energy towards? 

Sometimes I feel like my energy is being split so many different ways, it's often hard to catch up to myself. I like it that way. I don't like being bored. I always need to be doing something. The things that probably take the most focus in my life are my faith, my husband, and my job. All good things, all time consuming.

Let's be real. I don't have a lot of spare time. The spare time I do have is often thrown into writing or extra Jesus-related activities. Our church is starting a Saturday night service now, so we'll be there a healthy amount of every weekend. We have a small group at our house on Tuesday nights, and I have a women's Bible study on Friday nights. We often hang out with the kids from our small group on other nights as well. It's important to me to pour myself into the people in my life. I love the people in my life.

I have a passion for my church, I want to witness lost people being found. Fresh Life has the most amazing focus on outreach, and it's brilliant. Being plugged in and serving my church helps keep the fire burning in my soul. I love it.

Why? Why spend so much time doing things like running cameras and computers in the back of the church? Why befriend and feed a bunch of teenagers weekly? Why give up Friday nights for a room full of Jesus-loving women?

Because it's what we are called to do. We are to be servants for the Lord (Galatians 5:13). We are to reach those who are lost in sin and introduce them to the Father (Matthew 4:19). God doesn't want us to sit in our living rooms night after night vegging out and watching the latest episode of The Voice. He wants us to use our gifts to reach others for Him. My gift is NOT walking up to people and telling them that Jesus loves them (that's a gift my friend Amanda Smith is VERY blessed with). My gifts are being OCD and organizing things, being techy and running equipment, being nerdy and writing blogs. So maybe they aren't traditional missionary gifts. But doggone it, I'm going to use them. And I'm going to spend all of the time I have available using them.

My wonderful mom is a fantastic mother. She worries about me. That's what moms do. She's worried I'm going to burn myself out. But that's not what worries me. I'm more worried about reaching the end of my life and knowing I could have done more.

Because what if tomorrow never comes?

What if this is my last chance?

How would you live if you knew there was no tomorrow?

Would you serve others and see them led to the Lord?

Or would you focus on serving yourself?

Live every day as if it's your last. You never know.

Always,

Jackelyn Stange

No comments:

Post a Comment