Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Tactfulness and Technology

Turns out, it's very difficult to keep up on blog posts when your computer is toast....

Following a myriad of hashtags and usernames on Instagram takes me to interesting, and often frightening, places. It never ceases to amaze me what some people put out there for the world to see. Teenagers smoking weed, large women twirking, unsanitary living, boobs, boobs and more boobs. How is it that my generation left discretion in the dust and decided to publicize their misconduct? Why the heck is it “cool” to share our disgusting, and sometimes illegal, activities with everyone???

I’ll admit. When I was a partier, I posted pictures on my Facebook of ragers and drunken friends. I still don’t get it. Why did I do that? Why did I want everyone to get a glimpse of the misery that was my “fun”? What’s wrong with the social media generation? Each and every one of us has someone out there that looks up to us. That models their decisions after ours. How are our pictures of underage drinking going to affect their future?


Be careful little devices what you post. I’d like to challenge my friends to think twice before they advertise their unscrupulous activities to the public. You never know who’s watching you. Do you really want to start a precious little one down the path to destruction? 

No comments:

Post a Comment