Monday, November 12, 2012

Take Heart


Distant music pulls me from a deep sleep into the land of half-aware. To my left, a light flashes in the dark, the music coming from it. I reach for it, and it falls away from my hand. Desperate to know what it is, I follow. A burst of pain and shooting stars fill my head. Fully awake I realize, the object is my phone, and my forehead just met my bedside table. It’s 5:30a.m., I’ve slept for 4 hours, and now it’s time to do set up at church.

This weekend was a lot of things, it was hectic, exciting, impactful, COLD, life changing. It required much planning, organization, dedication, and prayer. The thing that stood out to me is how much COURAGE it took, from everyone involved. It took courage for the Skull Church crew to step out and plan an event in a town with no Fresh Life campus; for the volunteers to brave a snow storm to get to Bozeman. The MOB crew showed courage by walking up to perfect strangers and inviting them to the event. The 57-ish new Christians that walked forward during the invitations this weekend had the most courage of all. They were willing to stand up and show the world that they wanted to make Jesus the center of their lives. With society as it is today, all of the hostility focused on Christians, it is hard to publicly make that stand. As Christians, God will stand by our side, all we have to do is stand for him. Deuteronomy 31:6 “Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”

God gives us peace when we leap out in faith. If we choose to have courage, and follow his will, he provides us with a calmness and assurance. From my own personal experience, selling everything I owned and moving back out to Montana alone was terrifying. I believed, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that it was what God wanted me to do; it was still scary. I followed his path, and he comforted me and cast away my fears. Just today, I gave my resignation notice at my job. My income will be taking a sizable hit. The way of life I’ve become accustomed to will completely change. Change is good. It teaches us lessons. I’ve recently been placing too much importance on worldly things, things money can buy. Money is by no means a bad thing, but I know I need to learn that true joy comes from above. I’m afraid of what the next few months will bring; but I am at peace, knowing it is all in God’s hands.

Be strong, take heart, God knows what is best for us all.

Always,
Jaci

No comments:

Post a Comment